"Teachers make good use of teaching assistants. They sensitively support a range of pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)."
"Lessons are well adapted to allow all pupils with SEND to succeed. Staff in the provisions specifically for pupils with SEND ensure that learning is at the right level for the pupils and they are involved in the whole school when appropriate." (Ofsted Report Oct 2019)
Our SENCo, Victoria Costanza, oversees the provision for children with special educational needs and disability (SEND) within school. She works closely with the Senior Leadership Team, teaching staff and parents to identify pupils that may have additional needs and ensures that their needs are met through an inclusive curriculum. Parents can contact her either directly through the school office or via their child's class teacher if they wish to discuss any concerns.
We pride ourselves on responding to the individual needs of pupils and offer a wide range of interventions to support pupils with SEND. These include:
- Nurture room facility
- Social skills groups
- Self-esteem groups
- OT support/movement breaks
- Implementation of speech and language strategies (from reports)
- Individualised reading support
- Intervention groups
- Small group phonics interventions
- Booster classes in English and maths (Year 6 Spring Term only)
We work with outside specialist agencies and professionals to refer, gain expert advice, assess, and support. These include:
- Educational Psychologists
- Teachers for the hearing impaired
- Teachers for the visually impaired
- CAMHS (child and adolescent mental health service)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- SEMH and inclusion team
- Autism support service
- Support for learning - providing specialist teaching and assessment in English and Maths
We provide a range of resources in order to ensure our pupils are able to access the curriculum.